Please do the following to load Advantage Updates:
1. Go to Utilities and then choose SAMS Updates
2. Select the appropriate file from the list
a. DOM_NT.EXE (if you use NT)
b. DOM_NLM.EXE (if you use Novell)
3. Click on RECEIVE
If you use Novell, skip to Run the Update...
If you use the NT4 Server:
1. Make sure everyone is out of SAMS.
2. Go to the machine where Advantage is loaded.
3. Go to Start
5. Control Panel
7. Choose "Advantage Database Server" and click on Stop
8. Answer Yes to “I’m sure I want to stop Advantage Database Server”
10. Close Control Panel
1. Start, Run
2. Browse & Choose the file you downloaded from Semarca’s FTP site, DOM_NT.EXE or DOM_NLM.EXE, which should be in the \dapps\memb or \dapps\download directory on your server
4. Click on OK within the run window
5. Enter c:\advtemp in the box that says: "unzip to folder"
11. Browse & go to c:\advtemp (the folder you unzipped to in step 5) and choose setup.exe
13. OK – Advantage set up window appears
14. Click on Next – the Welcome screen appears
15. Yes – License agreement
16. Next – verify c:\Advantage\Server. You may have to key this in.
17. It will ask if you want to uninstall the existing version. Yes.
18. OK- Setup will run.
19. Enter your new Serial Number and Validation Code that you received from Advantage or Semarca.
20. Enter your Association Acronym
21. Verify that you want Auto Startup of Advantage.
22. No – Want to view README file
23. Ok- Microsoft updates.
20. Ok – set up is complete
21. Close Advantage window.