Once you have downloaded
the correct update, you need to run it.
on START on the bottom left of your computer screen.
RUN from the menu.
on the BROWSE button and go to the Q:\dapps\memb\ folder. If
you are not using Q:\ as your drive for SAMS then replace the Q:\ with
your drive letter.
the file (SAMS 3.0...) that you downloaded
click on the file.
install will begin. This
can take up to 30 minutes depending on what is in the update.
wizard will pop up. Click
NEXT on the questions. ***If
you do not use Q:\ as your drive then you must change the drive letter
for the folder.***
the Finish Window appears, place a check in the box that says LAUNCH THE
10. When the Update window appears, click on the UPDATE button.
Note: If you get an error message and the
update stops, you might have a corrupted record in one of your database
go into SAMS, from the Utilities menu, choose Pack/Reindex
this screen click on the box for "Run Database House Keeping?"
and click on Run. After
this is complete, close out of Sams and run the update/release again.
11. When it says "Process Complete", click close.
12. Using Windows Explorer, map out to Q:\dapps\memb
13. Find the file called "shutdown.txt".
14. Delete the file.
15. Log in to SAMS.
16. Go to Utilities>Users, click on "Email Users Back In".
17. Your users will receive an email stating that it is OK to log back
in to SAMS.
You're done! Don't
forget to have SAMS users review the readme.txt file under the dapps\memb
folder that outlines the changes made in the update.
you get an error message with I/O error 32, then you must reboot your
network server and try to run the update again.